Markaz Taiba of Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) in Pakistan's Muridke, one of the nine terror camps struck by the Indian armed forces on Wednesday, is a site where terrorists including Ajmal Kasab involved in the 2008 Mumbai attack were trained, a senior military official said.
Devika Rotawan, a survivor of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, has demanded the death penalty for Tahawwur Hussain Rana, a key accused extradited from the US. Rotawan, a key witness in the case, identified terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Kasab in court during the trial. She believes the extradition is a "big win" for India and called for further action against other conspirators in Pakistan.
Deputy Police Commissioner Tanaji Ghadge, who questioned 26/11 gunman Mohammed Ajmal Kasab at a civic-run hospital here hours after he was nabbed, on Wednesday said the attacker had confessed to being a Pakistani national and a member of terror outfit LeT during the first interrogation itself.
The lone surviving terrorist in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, who had earlier told the trial court that he does not understand English, on Monday said he understands the language.
A photojournalist today identified Pakistani gunman Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, before a special court hearing Mumbai attacks case, as one of the persons who opened fire at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus on November 26 and provided photographs to support his evidence.
Pakistani gunman Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, lone captured accused in Mumbai terror attack case, laughed in a special court on Wednesday when he was shown his photos taken on November 26 by a photojournalist.
Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist from the November 26 terrorist attack on Mumbai who was shifted to Arthur Road Jail for an identification parade, was brought back to Crime Branch lock-up on Monday, police sources said. "About 20 witnesses, who participated in the identification parade, have identified Kasab. He was brought back to the Crime Branch in the wee hours," one officer said.
Jail authorities on Thursday complained to a special court that prime accused in 26/11 terror attack case Mohammed Ajmal Kasab has refused to eat food and thrown away utensils in his cell, saying that he wants to have 'Mutton Biriyani'.
Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested during the terror siege in Mumbai in November last year, on Wednesday requested the special court hearing the 26/11 attack case to provide him books as he was 'bored' in jail. Kasab, currently lodged in the highly-guarded Arthur Road Jail, said either the court should provide him books or allow him to buy them from his money seized by the police at the time of his arrest last year.
Also, there are many other important aspects of evidence, which the prosecution has to adduce to expose terrorist infrastructure of perpetrators of the crime, he said, adding they will not let Kasab succeed in his 'motive' of escaping with lesser punishment.
Escorting of Mumbai terror attack convict Mohammed Ajmal Kasab to the city by air was mulled but later it had been shelved as road transport was considered as the safest mode to shift him to the Central jail in Pune, a senior police official said.
Pakistani gunman Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, lawyers and mediapersons burst into laughter when prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam told the special court conducting 26/11 terror trial that he was the lone surviving gunman's "enemy number one."
Special court Judge M L Tahiliyani said, "it appears that accused number one, Mohammed Ajmal Kasab and deceased accused number one, Abu Ismail were never destined to go to Chowpatty."
Pakistani gunman and prime accused in the 26/11 terror attack case, Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, is not keeping well since the last few days and was on Wednesday sent back to his cell by the court in the midst of the proceedings
The nation is happy that the most dreaded terrorist caught alive in India was finally sent to the gallows.
Mumbai terror attacks accused and Pakistani gunman Ajmal Kasab on Monday denied killing Maharashtra Anti Terrorism squad chief Hemant Karkare, and police officers Ashok Kamte and Vijay Salaskar.
Retired Assistant Police Commissioner Samsher Khan Pathan has claimed former Mumbai police commissioner Param Bir Singh "destroyed" a mobile phone seized from the 26/11 terror attack convict Mohammed Ajmal Kasab.
Rebel Shiv Sena MLAs who support Shinde returned to Mumbai from Goa on Saturday evening on the eve of the Assembly session, and were lodged in a luxury hotel in south Mumbai, where Vidhan Bhavan, venue of the floor test, is located.
Mumbai 'Chai Wala' known as 'Chhotu' aka Mohammed Taufiq, whose alertness saved lives during the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks stated that there is no need for India to provide Tahawwur Rana with cell and Biryani and facilities which were provided to Ajmal Kasab, one of the terrorists involved in Mumbai attacks.
The nine targets struck under 'Operation Sindoor', four in Pakistan and five in Pakistan-occupied-Kashmir, were chosen by the IAF after receiving intelligence inputs about terror camps operating under the guise of health centres to evade detection at these sites, officials said on Wednesday.
A special court in Mumbai is expected to take a decision on Monday on a prosecution plea for postponement of the trial of three accused in the Mumbai attacks, including Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, to April 13.
The trial in the Mumbai terror attack case opened on Friday with the sole surviving terrorist Mohammed Amir Ajmal Kasab seeking retraction of his confession and the prosecution hinting at Pakistan army's involvement in training him and the other terrorists, who were killed.
Appointed to defend Mohammed Amir Ajmal Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, Advocate S G Abbas Kazmi on Thursday said he loves challenges and will do his best to abide by the court's decision."The judge has decided to appoint me as the lawyer (of Kasab) and I feel that it is in honour of our nation that Kasab should have a lawyer to defend him," he said.
The Maharashtra government has appointed special public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam to represent it during the trial of 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts that claimed 27 lives and left several others wounded.
Pakistani Interior Minister Rehman Malik has claimed that India has not provided any "credible evidence" against 26/11 mastermind and LeT chief Hafiz Saeed. Prasanna D Zore reports.
A total of nine terror sites in Pakistan, including five in Pojk, linked to Lashkar-e-Taiba (Let) and Jaish-e-Mohammed (Jem), were targeted with meticulous planning to avoid civilian casualties.
A special sessions court on Monday extended the judicial custody of Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist captured in the 26/11 attacks, to March 30. Kasab will be produced through video conferencing before special judge M L Tahilyani on March 30, when the court will examine the provision of appointing a lawyer for him from the state legal aid cell.
Mumbai terror attack convict Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab has moved a mercy petition before the President, over a fortnight after the Supreme Court upheld his death sentence in the 26/11 case.
Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist arrested in the November 26 terror attacks, said on Monday that he needed a lawyer and was agreeable to a court-appointed government defence lawyer representing him.
While describing LeT's plan to project the 26/11 attack as "Hindu Terror", Maria wrote, "If everything went according to plan, Kasab would have died as Chaudhari and the media would have blamed 'Hindu terrorists' for the attack."
Mumbai terror attack convict Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab is suffering from fever and undergoing treatment in the high security Arthur Road jail, police said on Sunday.
Advocate for Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone gunman arrested for his alleged involvement in the November 26 terror strikes, on Tuesday sought four weeks time to reply to the draft charges proposed by the prosecution. Abbas Kazmi, who was appointed by the court last week to represent Kasab, sought time to study the case.
Ismail Khan, an accomplice of arrested terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Iman alias Kasab, is the one who gunned down three top police officials in a gun battle at Cama Hospital, according to Kasab's statement recorded by the police. Anti-Terrorism Squad chief Hemant Karkare, Additional Commissioner of Police Ashok Kamte and encounter specialist Vijay Salaskar were shot dead by Ismail Khan.
Prime accused and the lone surviving terrorist of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, departed from his earlier stand on Monday, saying he could not understand the proceedings of the court conducted in English.
Medical tests have revealed that Ajmal Amir Kasab, prime accused in the Mumbai terror attack case, is above 20 years of age and not a juvenile as claimed by him.
Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone Mumbai carnage terrorist arrested, was today remanded in police custody till January 19 by a magistrate's court for his role in the shootout at the Cama and Albless Hospital in south Mumbai.
Reacting to the apex court verdict which upheld the death sentence awarded to Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack case, senior advocate Raju Ramachandran, who defended him in the apex court as amicus curiae, said he "bows down" to the ruling.
Mohammed Ajmal Amir Iman alias Kasab, the lone terrorist caught alive during the November 26 terror attacks in Mumbai, was on Wednesday further remanded in police custody till January 6 by a court in Mumbai. Due to security concerns, Ajmal was not produced before a regular court, and Metropolitan Magistrate N N Shri Mangale and public prosecutor Eknath Dhumal went to the police lock-up, where the terrorist is being kept.
When the weapons were being identified in the special court, Kasab kept laughing at the witness and shook his head indicating that the weapons did not belong to him. This invited the wrath of Judge M L Tahaliyani, who warned Kasab to behave properly in the court. The judge told him that all the time he was seen laughing.
The family of slain assistant police sub-inspector Tukaram Ombale, who caught Pakistani terrorist Mohammed Ajmal Amir Kasab alive during the 26/11 terror attacks, expressed satisfaction with the terrorist's conviction but demanded that he should be given the death penalty. "It is good to hear that Kasab was found guilty. We were eagerly awaiting this news since morning. He should be given the death penalty," said Vaishali Ombale, daughter of the policeman.